The Holy Trinity Orthodox Church in Ghimbav
Church / Tourist attraction - Ghimbav
The church, built in the shape of a rectangle, was erected at the end of the eighteenth century, in 1780, with the work of the parishioners in the village, and with the contribution of the merchant Ioan Boghici in Braşov, bookseller and editor of books. The church tower measuring 15 meters was completed in 1830.
On the inside walls of the church were preserved original mural paintings.
6 June 1773 - Emperor Joseph II of Austria, first arrived in Brașov and overnight at Ghimbav in a house near the Fortified Fortress. At the request of a Romanian delegation, he approved the construction of the Orthodox church in Ghimbav.