Orthodox Church "Saint John the Baptist" - Feldioara
Church / Tourist attraction - Feldioara
The Orthodox Church "Saint John the Baptist" Feldioara is located in the commune of the same name, in Brasov County. The locality is easily accessible by road, being serviced by the European Road E60 Braşov-Sighişoara, just 20 km from Braşov or by railway, via Feldioara Hm station. The natural setting is remarkable, the mountain landscape perfectly completing the local architecture.
The place of worship was built in 1788, thanks to the Romanian merchant in Brasov, John Ioanovici, together with his wife Ana. The church plan was designed by the architect Ioan Morca and the works were carried out under the supervision of the priest Dumitru Martinovici.
Built in the Gothic-Byzantine style, the church has a ship-shaped single-apse structure in the semi-pentagon to the east (the altar). The windows are also made in Byzantine style, framed with Gothic ogives that fit perfectly into the Byzantine vault of the church. The 40-50 meter high tower perfectly complements the church.