Moieciu village is located in the center of the country, at the southern extremity of Brasov County, between the Piatra Craiului and Bucegi mountains, in the Rucar-Bran corridor. Located at an altitude of 800 to 1,200 m, it covers an area of 9,491 ha, with a population of 4,746 inhabitants, and has 5,482 ha of forests.
Moieciu is part of the geographical area of the Bran localities. The toponym Moieciu is mentioned in 1405. In each of the commune’s villages there are historical monuments of religious art. Thus, in the village of Moieciu de Jos is the orthodox church dedicated to St. Nicholas, built in the second half of the 18th century. In the Cheia village there is the church dedicated to "The Assumption of the Virgin", dated 1818.
Moieciu de Jos is located 30 km away from Braşov, on DN 73. The Moieciu commune consists of six villages: Moieciu de Jos, Moieciu de Sus, Cheia, Carul Drumului, Măgura şi Cave.
Text and photo sources: http://www.primariamoieciu.ro/; https://www.facebook.com/Comuna-Moieciu-779891162111017/
Travel in Moieciu
Moieciu has a great travel potential, suitable for all forms of tourism. Around 9000 tourists visit the area each month, of which more than 3,500 stay in the hotels and hostels around, and the percentage of foreign tourists is about 30%.
Among the types of travel activities is the leisure travel, favored by natural factors, landscaping, unpolluted environment and area specific gastronomy. The weekend tourism is helped by to the relatively small distance between the area and major urban concentrations. The transit tourism is favored by the location near other areas of importance. Hiking is practiced especially in the summer – and its popularity comes from the proximity of the Bucegi and Piatra Craiului mountain massifs.
The connection between Moieciu and Bucharest, Romania’s capital, is made on the European road E60, the distance between the two towns being 182 km.
Access to the railway is made using the Bucharest-Brasov (166 km) connection and Brasov-Zarnesti (about 30 km). Regarding the bus access, it’s made from Autogara II-Bartholomew, departures taking place daily from 30 to 30 minutes (Saturday and Sunday, hourly).